Join Marie-Claire Gould (@mariecgould) as we explore the Music of Star Wars in our new segment Meta Music with Christy Carew (@Christy_Carew). We will explore everything from how it’s done to perhaps what it means.
Christy is a composer working in Hollywood and is a huge John Williams fan. She has been chosen as a composer fellow for the 2018 Sundance Institute Film Music Lab that took place this summer up at Skywalker Sound. She is also composing the music for the upcoming six-part documentary series about women in the Star Wars fandom, Looking for Leia. She is also an amazing Keyboard warrior on Tumblr. Check out her music and Meta’s at http://www.christycarew.com
In this episode we talk through the Solo A Star Wars Story Soundtrack composed by John Williams and John Powell.
- Discussion on the Solo Score John Williams/John Powell
- The Adventures of Young Han Solo
- The comparison of Ben and Han Solo musically
- The Cloud Riders / Ancestral power connection to the Mask
- The Source music – “Chicken in the Pot” What do those lyrics mean?
- L3 and the Falcon
- That Love theme “Lando’s Closet” (A bit on what this could mean Reylo wise)
Clip Break Down:
*** The use of Star Wars music in this episode is for educational/commentary purposes under “Fair Use” Copyright.***
- John Williams Star Wars Death Star Theme “Imperial Theme” (From Star Wars Empire Strikes Back Soundtrack)
- John Williams “The Adventures of Han” (From Solo A Star Wars Story Soundtrack)
- John Powell “Marauders Arrive” (From Solo A Star Wars Story Soundtrack)
- John Powell “L3 & Millennium Falcon” (From Solo A Star Wars Story Soundtrack)
- John Powell “Lando’s Theme” (From Solo A Star Wars Story Soundtrack)
- John Williams “Peace and Purpose” (From Star Wars The Last Jedi Sountrack)
- John Powell “Meet Han” (From Solo A Star Wars Story Soundtrack)
Intro and Exit music is from Phedre’s Theme, Orchestral Music by Christy Carew with full permission for use by Christy Carew (http://www.christycarew.com).